- Download 6
- File Size 280.13 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 22, 2020
- Last Updated August 22, 2020
Bat Found - Warnings and Information
A rabid bat was found inside a house on Doyle Ct in Stevenson Ranch on August 20, 2020.
The County Health Officer is warning anyone who may have come into direct physical contact with any bat to see their doctor to be evaluated for possible post-exposure anti-rabies treatment.
• Most bats in nature do not have rabies and are of no harm to people. However, it is important to never touch a bat.
• Report bat bites to people, or other interactions between bats and people or pets to Veterinary Public Health at 213-288-7060.
• To request pickup of sick or dead bats for rabies testing call the Castaic Animal Shelter at 661-257-3191.
• Please contact Los Angeles County Veterinary Public Health Program if you have questions: 213-288-7060.